Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Tuesday 25 November 2014

Liebster Blog Award

I have been nominated for the LIEBSTER BLOG AWARD by Anne and Michelle of the refreshing Blog CROCHET BETWEEN WORLDS



Thank you so much Anne and Michelle!

The Liebster Blog Award is a "chain mail" type award, where each nominee answers 11 questions about themselves and then in turn nominates a number of their favourite blogs and provides a set of questions to be answered.

These are the questions Anne and Michelle asked:

1.  What is the name of your blog?   And what does the name mean
 
     Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog - The name is a play on my initials ZO and a nickname my friends have
     for me.

2.   How many blogs do you follow?

      A few of the less "popular" blogs - the ideas are often fresher and more original.

3.   Do you have a creative soul?

      Most definitely!    I have been making and baking in some form or the other for as long as I can
      remember.    I cannot imagine a day without colour and crafting in some or other form!

 
4.   At what age did you learn to crochet / knit

      I learned to both knit and crochet when I was 4.     My great granny taught me to crochet and my
      maternal granny taught me to knit


5.   What are your future projects

       I have a list of 35 patterns which are in some stage of completion.    Getting these written and
       published is at the top of my To Do list.     A few outstanding WIP's from 2014 are also a
       priority for me!



6.   Why do you blog?

      I love sharing my crafty ideas with others!     A lot of folk miss out on the joy of crochet and
      craft because they think it is too complicated or expensive.     I enjoy designing patterns that are
      easy to make and use readily accessible, affordable materials.



7.   What will your Christmas look like this year?

      I am working like mad to get all my gifts made and packaged, but have not even started thinking
      about decorating or food yet!     It is usually very hot here in December, so our plans usually
      revolve around the pool and the barbeque!



8.   What are your plans for 2015?

      Getting my online shop up and running.    I had planned to have this done by August 2014 but
      have been too busy with other things.     I also plan to publish a book of all my patterns.



9.   If you could travel anywhere, which 3 places would you visit and why?

      There are three River Cruises that I would really like to take:    Jewels of Central Europe;
      Grand Danube and Christmastime on the Danube (Vienna to Prague).    River
      Cruises  are a wonderful, scenic and relaxed way to explore many places on one trip!

  
10.  What made you smile today?


11.  What do you do on a rainy Sunday?

       This image (found on Google) sums it up perfectly!



MY "LIEBSTER" BLOGS ARE:


Pat from SUNSHINE AND A SEWING BASKET

Anneke from CROCHET IN PATERNOSTER

Clare from THE SUMMERHOUSE BY THE SEA

Iin from CROCHET ROCKSTAR

Zana from ZANA'S HOMEMADE

Hannapat from COSMOS AND COTTON


I would like to have the following questions answered:

1.       What is your favourite yarn?
2.       Your go-to colour palette?
3.       How many hours a week do you spend crocheting?
4.       What other crafts do you practice?
5.       Where do you crochet?
6.       How old were you when you learned to crochet?
7.       Who taught you to crochet?
8.       Which is your favourite season, and why?
9.       Favourite place to go on holiday!
10.     What is the coolest thing you have crocheted?
11.      Why do you blog?

4 comments:

  1. Loved reading your answers! Good luck with opening your shop in 2015 :) I really want to open one too but so far I haven't dared...

    Take care
    Anne
    http://crochetbetweentwoworlds.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for nominating my blog, it really cheered me up as I'm struggling a bit today after a hospital appoinment yesterday, good luck with the shop sound like you have some exciting plans ahead for 2015
    Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for nominating me for the Liebster Award. Loved your answers. Good luck for your shop next year. Your designs are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting answers. Congratulations on getting the award.

    ReplyDelete