Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Friday 9 August 2013

Inspiration!

Happy Friday!

Wonderful Wonderful Rain through the night!     Everything was so fresh and new this morning!!     Really looking forward to the summer now!

Missed my Wednesday post (again) - been busy with some "right-brain" work this week

Lately I have been suffering from a serious case of wool-envy (reading through my favourite UK blogs) - the ladies are using the loveliest pure wool and wool / acrylic blends.    Anyhow, you know how sometimes when the non crafty side of your brain is being exercised, strange things pop into your head?  I remembered a little habby I used to drive past on my way home from work a few years back.    Looked up their number - hooray they are still in business (have been there for longer than 25 years apparently!) -  the shop assistant was extremely helpful - they stock imported wool from Spain, Turkey, Portugal and England - and what fortuitous circumstance! - they are having a SALE!    I mentioned to hubby that I was going to take a drive there and maybe buy a skein or two - "no" says hubby "go and SPLURGE" - well who am I to argue with such wisdom?!    The SALE had been on for two weeks already so they were quite low on stock - I still managed to get quite a nice stash though!    The envy phase has passed - I am now in the reverence phase -  touching, feeling, admiring and pondering the perfect pattern (have to wait for this phase to pass before I actually hook a stitch!!)




I Found a few (really horrible) pictures of the afghan made for my sister's 40th (referred to it in my BLUE HUES afghan post).


Granny Square Afghan

I had just returned from a trip to the Victoria Falls (Zambia side) and was still feeling very "Zambian" and soo inspired by the vibrant colours, weaving and lovely beadwork as seen in this little collection of souvenirs picked up in Livingstone.


Zambian Colour Inspiration

I made one more "Zambian" afghan in reds, greens, browns and beiges but for some reason never took a photo of it before it went to its new home.  

Busy sorting my photos - think my next inspirational phase was coastal - will blog about this at some stage!

Family has requested home made pizza tonight - sweet chilli chicken, bacon and pineapple, and meaty - so I will be at the oven for quite a while ........

Hope you all have an Inspirational weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment